tomcat-users mailing list archives

From August Detlefsen <augustd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 Running out of Threads
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:21:23 GMT
Using the manager app (/manager/status) I am seeing multiple threads in
the 'Service' mode with times of well over 60 minutes! Here is an
example:

Stage	Time	B Sent	B Recv	Client	VHost	Request
S	5192947 ms	0 KB	0 KB	67.152.68.16	dev1.mycompany.com	GET / HTTP/1.1

I know that these connections came in during a period of particularly
heavy load and the server couldn't respond to them right away. No
response was ever sent back to the browser but the threads stay open
and eat up a resource until the app server has to be restarted.

Is there any setting that will cause such orphaned connections to be
terminated and returned to the pool?