tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Trond Hersløv <trond.hers...@GOTOGATE.no>
Subject RE: Asking Again: 5.5.12 Broke my 5.5.9 Config
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:42:53 GMT
Thanks, but you are missing my point here.
Basically what your saying is, before upgrading to a newer version of
Tomcat, scan through the mailing list and reread the whole Tomcat config documentation!

Isn't that what changelogs are for? Pointing out the changes so
you don't have to search for the needle in the heystack?

\trond
PS: By all means, please excuse me if it realy is in the changelog, but
I don't find it and that was also my original question.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 17:29
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Asking Again: 5.5.12 Broke my 5.5.9 Config

> From: Trond Hersløv [mailto:trond.herslov@GOTOGATE.no]
> Subject: RE: Asking Again: 5.5.12 Broke my 5.5.9 Config
>
> I find nothing saying this attribute is now ignored.

RTFM:
"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining a Context in server.xml,
as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames used for either the .xml context file or the
docBase."

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

Look at the description of the path attribute.

This has also been discussed numerous times on the mailing list, so a brief search through
the archives would have gotten you the same information.

 - Chuck