tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zaki, Karim R UTCHQ" <Karim.Z...@UTC.COM>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat 5.0.28 in server mode
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:07:54 GMT
Well, I don't know how to measure the number of requests per second. If you
can provide help with that, that would be great. What I'm doing is testing
with a template provided by Vignette:

<%@ page import="com.vignette.cds.client.beans.*"%>
<%@ page import="com.vignette.cms.client.beans.*"%>

<jsp:useBean id="cms" scope="page"

<jsp:useBean id="lc" scope="page"

	// you may have to modify the following string values
	String cmsUser = "admin";
	String cmsPassword = "admin";
	long cfgstart = System.currentTimeMillis();
	String CMSHost = lc.getConfigValue ("/cms/bob/PM_HOST"); // get cms
	int CMSPort = Integer.parseInt (lc.getConfigValue
("/cms/bob/PM_PORT")); // get cms port
	long cfgstop = System.currentTimeMillis();

got config data in <%=cfgstop - cfgstart%> milliseconds<br>
CMS Host = <%=CMSHost%><br>
CMS Port = <%=CMSPort%><br>

	long startconnect = System.currentTimeMillis();
	CMSSecurity sec = new CMSSecurity();
	sec.configure (application);
	cms.connect (sec, CMSHost, CMSPort, cmsUser, cmsPassword);
	if (cms.isConnected()) {
		%>connected to cms <br><%
	else {
		%>connect to cms failed <br><%
	long stopconnect = System.currentTimeMillis();
connected to cms in <%=stopconnect-startconnect%> milliseconds<br>
Templates in System Project:<br>
	long startProjectList = System.currentTimeMillis();
	Project proj = cms.findProjectByPath (">Base Project>System");
	Template[] templates = proj.getTemplates();
	for (int i=1;i<templates.length;i++) {
		out.println (templates[i].getName() + "<br>");
	long stopProjectList = System.currentTimeMillis();
	long disconnect = System.currentTimeMillis();
listed project contents in <%=stopProjectList-startProjectList%>
disconnected from cms in <%=disconnect-stopProjectList%> milliseconds<br>
	java.text.SimpleDateFormat milliDateFormat =
		new java.text.SimpleDateFormat ("MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss:SSS");
	java.util.Date rightNow = new java.util.Date();
	String now = (milliDateFormat.format (rightNow));
generated: <%=now%><br>

It takes 2 seconds to load! This really doesn't do any real when
the code starts to do something useful, we go into over a minute of load
time per page. I did a ping test to the database involved and the average
ping time is 300 microseconds, so I don't think it's network related.