tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bradley McLain <brad...@healthinspire.com>
Subject Re: Cluster and notifications to nodes
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:53:39 GMT
this is a good question.  i'll be facing the same issue soon.  for
session-based information, your answer is fine, but what about other
types of info, say at the app-level?  in one of my apps, for example, I
can change some config data using a web request, but what if i want to
ensure it is replicated to the other nodes in the cluster?

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:53 +0200, Lionel Farbos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why do you want your application to send a notification ?
> If you configure Session Replication in each of your Tomcat servers,
> every time there will be a change in your HTTP session, the others AS in the cluster
will be notified and synchronized automatically.