tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject How to serve just JSP (was: Re: JSP on RHEL4 with Apache httpd RPM?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:58:52 GMT
[Sorry for the repost but I still don't have an answer to this one]

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 15:50, Steve Dodge wrote:

> 1. <VirtualHost >   is an apache http server directive.

Right, but it was put there by Tomcat's auto-config. What I was trying
to find out was, by "localhost" did Tomcat mean "my (Tomcat's)
localhost" -- the server on 8080 -- or "Apache's localhost", which is
the server on port 80, which responds to many Virtual Hosts already
in the httpd.conf file.

> 2. With JkMount you're not actually mapping a physical directory, it's a
> url pattern.

Yes, but all the ones that Tomcat auto-config'd into mod_jk.conf are
relative to the Tomcat webapps directory. How do I write a url pattern
that can be interpreted as relative to Apache's document root, so that
JSP files in there will be passed to Tomcat for serving?

> If you have a tomcat webapp that serves jsp's such as
> http://localhost:8080/mywebapp, then you can map jsp requests to that
> webapp using JkMount /mywebapp/*.jsp

Ah...this exposes the gap in my understanding.
Where do I get a "tomcat webapp that serves jsp's"?
This is what I need. I thought one was built into Tomcat -- in fact I
thought JSP serving was the original purpose of Tomcat.

If Tomcat doesn't have any such webapp, where do I get one?
I certainly can't write one, as I'm not a Java programmer.

///Peter