tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <struts_u...@anotheria.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat/JVM hangs in session.getAttribute / HashMap.get()
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:05:01 GMT
On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 11:00 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: Arup Vidyerthy [mailto:like_donuts@yahoo.co.uk]
> > Subject: RE: Tomcat/JVM hangs in session.getAttribute / HashMap.get()
> >
> > Does this mean that all session.setAttribute() and
> > session.getAttribute() should always be synchronised
>
> That's the conclusion I'm reluctantly coming to, if there is the
> possibility of multiple threads updating the same session
> simultaneously.  Luckily, you would think that most operations would
> really be request, not session, related.

clearly, 90% are in the request or even page scope, but 10% you have in
session (like locale, user related info like authentification or granted
permissions) are needed on each request (at least we do :-))

on the other hand it encourages me to work sessionless in the future...
(*dreaming*)

regards
Leon