tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Austin <mail-li...@revolsys.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 classloader log4j vs JCL issue
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:50:05 GMT
Luc,

The listener element is only valid in the Servlet 2.3 web.xml file, if
using a previous servlet version use the attached servlet set to load at
startup before any of the other servlets.

The jar containing my classes should be included in your WEB-INF/lib
directory in each web application.

Paul

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 09:07 -0400, luc_boudreau@uqss.uquebec.ca wrote:
> I'm having the same issue and after trying to follow the instructions given by Paul Austin,
I've got stuck on the part that says to add a listener.

> There's no place for a listener in web.xml according to the dtd validation file. Am I
wrong ? (I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9 with the struts framework)

> Everything else went fine. I've created a jar file with your source code. BTW, where
am I supposed to put this jar anyways ? in common/lib/ ??