tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ping xu <pxu....@gmail.com>
Subject Why are tag files always compiled to class files?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:07:27 GMT
Hi,
I hope someone could shed some light on this: I'm trying to pre-compile JSPs
using Jasper (Jasper2 Ant task from the document). My Tomcat version is
5.0.28. In my webapp, there are a few custom tags in tag file format. When I
set the jasper2 "comiple" attribute to false, I expect only java files being
generated by Jasper Ant task -- they shouldn't be compiled to class files.
This is generally true for all the JSP files. However the tag files don't
follow this rule, they always get compiled to class files. Is it possible to
let jasper only generate the java files for tag files?

Thanks,