tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Perry, Greg \(UK - London\)" <grpe...@deloitte.co.uk>
Subject RE: Capturing User Passwords
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:48:07 GMT
Thanks - but I did try using single sign-on and got that working
correctly with trial applications.

However, I need to explicitly supply the password in the call to my
second application.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Giuseppe Briotti [mailto:g.briotti@mclink.it]
Sent: 28 September 2005 14:45
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Capturing User Passwords

> ==========================
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:29:04 +0100
> From: "post@gregperry.co.uk" <post@gregperry.co.uk>
> To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Capturing User Passwords
> ==========================
>

> I am trying to find a way of capturing a user's password so that
> I can have the user login to one of my web applications (which
> acts as a client), and pass it to a second application (which
> acts as the server).

It sounds like you are trying to implement a Single sign on...
--

Giuseppe Briotti
g.briotti@mclink.it

"Alme Sol, curru nitido diem qui
promis et celas aliusque et idem
nasceris, possis nihil urbe Roma
visere maius."
                        (Orazio)

IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement
and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the sender.
This communication is from Deloitte & Touche LLP.   Deloitte & Touche LLP is a limited
liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675.   A
list of members' names is available for inspection at Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter Street,
London EC4A 4TR, United Kingdom, the firm's principal place of business and registered office.
  Deloitte & Touche LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also
be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not
the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or
use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please return it with
the title "received in error" to IT.SECURITY.UK@deloitte.co.uk then delete the email and destroy
any copies of it.
E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could
be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who
communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
 When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any attachments
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Deloitte & Touche LLP
client engagement letter.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do not
relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.