tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Burman" <richard.bur...@ardentia.co.uk>
Subject RE: Pre-compiled JSPs?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:48:44 GMT
Sorry, I don't understand. How will my JSP compile at all if a section
(fragment) is ignored and, presumably, omitted from the resulting java
file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: 06 September 2005 15:05
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Pre-compiled JSPs?

errorOnUseBeanInvalidClassAttribute (IIRC) is a test when jsp:useBean is
used
without a default constructor being available.

If you are using include files which were as meant as compile time
include
fragments, rename them (the include files) to jspf and they will be
ignored
by the jsp compiler.

-Tim

Richard Burman wrote:

> Ah, I thought it was all too good to be true. Now that I have an
> understanding of how to put it all together, I have given it a go but
> hit another snag.
>
> Remember the use of the 'errorOnUseBeanInvalidClassAttribute' flag?
> Well, of course, that means that when the JSPs were turned into Java
> classes, they ignored the fact that the bean wasn't declared in that
JSP
> and generated the classes regardless. What about when you try to
compile
> the Java into a .class file? Suddenly, the Java is missing a variable
> declaration and cannot compile the class. Is there a way round this?
If