tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Burman" <richard.bur...@ardentia.co.uk>
Subject RE: Pre-compiled JSPs?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:49:50 GMT
Eureka! I get it now. :)

Indeed, I hadn't noticed the servlet-mapping section down the bottom. I
looked at the xml and foolishly assumed that it merely repeated all the
way to the bottom. Now that you've pointed out that, it all makes sense.

Thanks for all your help, I shall have a play and hopefully have new,
sparkly, compiled JSPs soon!

Richard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl L. Miles [mailto:darryl@netbauds.net]
Sent: 06 September 2005 12:33
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Pre-compiled JSPs?

What you see looks like normal jasper name mangling of generated pages.

You use: http://myserver:8080/RichardsApp/DoSomething.jsp

I presume there is also a generated mapping entry, that you may have
overlooked:

<servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>RichardsApp.DoSomething_jsp</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/DoSomething.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

--
Darryl L. Miles