tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: Installing JavaServer Faces
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:29:43 GMT
From: "Michael Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>

> Hi, could someone tell me if there is any difference between
> installing any of the implementaitons of JavaServer Faces in Tomcat
> and doing it in Sun's Application Server? I remember reading somewhere
> that their server is based on Tomcat, so I was unsure. Any help would
> be appreciated.

What do you mean by "installing"?  I typically just include the relevant
.jar and config files as part of the webapp (.war file) that will use them.

Does Sun's server make the JSF implementation available to all webapps?  If
so, then I believe the equivalent would be placing the JSF api and
implementation .jar files in 'shared/lib' as discussed here:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Having never done it, I'm not certain that's the right answer... I prefer my
webapps to be self-contained.

--
Wendy Smoak