tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Cowan" <jamesco...@cix.co.uk>
Subject tomcat exception handling
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:24:44 GMT
Hi

How do I suppress the stack trace from exception handling globally (i.e. not
using an errorPage directive)?

I have tried setting the Verbosity of the Logger elements in the server.xml
(for Tomcat 5.0.28) to 0 but this does not seem to stop stack trace.

A simple jsp like this:

<%
        if (true)
                throw new Exception("Some exception");
%>

produces this output:
exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Some exception

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextI
mpl.java:825)
l.java:758)
org.apache.jsp.e_jsp._jspService(e_jsp.java:53)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
24)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

I just want the HTTP 500 error displayed and no more information.

James Cowan