tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Schroeder" <JSchr...@comair.com>
Subject Automatic Log File Rotation
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:20:37 GMT
Our company has standardized on newsyslog for squid and apache log file rotation and management
for our production servers. I am in charge of implementing newsyslog for Tomcat log files
and have a few questions:

How can I keep Tomcat from adding the date to the end of the log filename?
How can I keep Tomcat from rotating the logs and instead use /usr/local/sbin/newsyslog?
Will this adversely affect Tomcat?

With squid, I had to put the directive logfile_rotate to 0 and have newsyslog run 'squid -k
rotate' to get this to work. Here is the homepage for newsyslog if anyone wants to know:
http://www.weird.com/~woods/projects/newsyslog.html

Thanks,

Jeff Schroeder
Web Administrator