tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konrad Billewicz <konrad.billew...@akonet.pl>
Subject DailyRollingFileAppender problem
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:08:25 GMT
Dear developers,

I have a problem with Log4j running under Tomcat and its appender
DailyRollingFileAppender. Logger nicely appends logs into the file but when
backup time comes the only thing which occurs is trucation of log file. Simply
saying, the backup file isn't created.

My log4j.properties file isn't very complicated:

log4j.logger.pl.akonet.bpt.action.special.SyncAction=DEBUG, R
log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R.File=sync.log
log4j.appender.R.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{HH:mm:ss dd-MM-yyyy} %-5p @ %C{1}:%
M:%L - %m%n

I have read in one place that this is a common bug and "they" are going to solve
it in the next version of log4j. I'm using version 1.2.11 (newest stable) while
newest 1.3alpha-6 seems to be scrap.

So... is there any solution for this problem? DailyRollingFileAppender looks
very nice for my application and it would be great to use it.

Best regards,
Konrad Billewicz