tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Lander" <>
Subject cannot run exe from java if running Tomcat as service
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:42:42 GMT
Not sure if this is the proper place for this message or if it's better in a
java discussion but I get different results depending on if Tomcat is
running as a service versus when I start it using the batch file in a cmd
window.  So I'll try it here first.

I have a java application from which I call an executable using:

Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();

Process proc = rt.exec(cmd);

The executable is called and runs successfully when Tomcat is started in a
cmd window using the batch file.  But when Tomcat is running as a service
the executable is not called.  I've tried changing the service's logon
account to one which has full admin privs on the computer but no luck.

Any ideas?