tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chandan Gupta <gupta.chan...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5 + SSL - Overriding default certificate authentication
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:43:05 GMT
 Hi,
 Need to override the default certificate authentication to provide some own
validation. Need to embed some new extensions in the certificate and
validate them
 Got the following information but having problems doing what is explained
1. Write new SSLImplementation subclassing
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation
2. Specify SSLImplementation="com.MySSLImplementation" in connector for port
8443 in server.xml
 However i get a class not found error =
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation
 Any guidelines?
  Regards,
Chandan
 P.S. : I got tomcat to load my sslimplementation - was as simple a matter
as placing my jar in server\lib - sorry for being dumb. Still posting this
in case there is an elegant simpler way.