tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ferrante <ferra...@mpi.com>
Subject new InitialDirContext(env); instantiating with invalid user info
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:23:42 GMT

I've been trying to use the code below to validate a username/
password against an LDAP (ActiveDirectory) server

When I use this in a main from the command line with a bad password I
get

> Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.AuthenticationException:

[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09030B, comment:
AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v893]

but when from a servlet in Tomcat,  I proceeds without error.

I googled for answers but couldn't quite find anything that quite
matches my situation  -- I'm runing Java 5 and Apache Tomcat/5.5.7

I thought it might have to do with realms, so following some
recommendations I commented out the realm info in the server.xml, but
it didn't have any effect.

Any info/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

---rdf

    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
          try {
              env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://ldapHost:389");
              env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
              env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "" + userId +
"@domain");
              env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password);
              env.put(Context.REFERRAL, "follow");
"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
              DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

--
Richard D. Ferrante
Assoc Principal Software Engineer