tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: playing outside the tomcat 4 classloaders "sandbox"
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:50:55 GMT
> From: Fabien Benoit [mailto:fabien.benoit@gmail.com]
> I'm using Tomcat (4.1) and Axis 1.2 to provide a web service interface
> to a classical 2-tier application. My problem is, I need to access the
> existing API of this application, a single jar located outside the
> tomcat install. Copying this jar inside tomcat commmon lib dir or
> webapp lib dir is not permitted.
> Since tomcat gets rid of the system classpath

... But you can put it back by modifying catalina.{bat,sh} depending on
platform, which will be more robust than relying on a classloader.  If
you have a constraint that you're *also* not allowed to touch the Tomcat
startup files, then I would feed back that the combination of these
constraints will make any eventual solution *less* robust rather than
the intention behind the constraints of making more robust systems.

		- Peter