tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Holden" <ch190...@hotmail.com>
Subject j_security_check & sessions
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:04:21 GMT
Hi, I am using the built in security constraints to password protect some directories in my
app. It works fine, but I was wondering when someone uses the login form to get to the passworded
directory or page, is it possible to get the username and/or password that the user submits
in the j_security_check form? I'd like to be able to set a cookie or session variable with
the persons username in after they log in so the next time they come back to the site they
see a personalised greeting kind of thing.

I've tried printing out all request attributes/parameters, session variables and cookies after
and before login but apart from the sessionid there isnt anything set.

Does anyone know how to do what I want?

Cheers,

Chris.