tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Parsons" <brettparson...@hotmail.com>
Subject Securing Tomcat Context Descriptor
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:45:32 GMT
Hi All,

There is a requirement on the server that we have Tomcat 5.0.28 deployed
that no username/password information can be stored in plaintext (in the
open).  Like many people, we are using JNDI datasources in our web
application.  The datasource connection information (including the database
username/password) is stored in the Tomcat Context Descriptor under
TOMCATDIR/conf/Catalina/localhost/myApp.xml.

Does Tomcat provide a more secure way of storing the connection information
stored in these context deployment descriptors?  Has anyone else run into
the same problem and been able to solve it somehow?

Thanks,

Brett