tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MC Moisei" <mcmoi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP: Tomcat 5.5.9 with jsvc as low priviledges user on Linux fails in Boots
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:29:33 GMT

Interesting, Thanks Darryl for sharing. So you run 5.5.9 and no problem huh
?

What's the access given for the tomcat structure ? I'm interested in
particular on that conf folder.  I can run it fine too but not as root and
root has no write access to the conf folder. How is your set up ?

BTW that .new extension looked strange to me too. I cannot explain it -
didn't look yet in TC source code.

Here's the way I call the jsvc

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java_home
CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat/tomcat_home
TOMCAT_USER=tomcat
TMP_DIR=/var/tmp

CATALINA_OPTS=

CLASSPATH=\
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/mx4j-jmx.jar:\
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/mx4j.jar:\

    $CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc \
    -user $TOMCAT_USER \
    -home $JAVA_HOME \
    -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME \
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=$TMP_DIR \
    -outfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina-daemon.out \
    -errfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina-daemon.err \
    $CATALINA_OPTS \
    -cp
$CLASSPATH:$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/bin/commons-daemon.jar
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Did you have any issues while installing jsvc ?

Thanks again,
MC

http://www.goodstockimages.com