tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Acácio Furtado Costa <Acac...@magnesita.com.br>
Subject using disks SATA against SCSI in tomcat 5.5.9 cluster servers
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:59:22 GMT
Respected friends of the list, I am specifying "Cluster nodes" (hosts) to use with tomcat 5.5.9
with an apache server as dispatcher.

In the specification of the disks I have doubts because the new disks SATA has great performance
and speed and with cost comparative minor to the SCSI Disks.

Considering applications WEB, where the >WAR files are loaded in memory and having enough
memory (2 Gbytes) so that there is not use of virtual memory (windows XP), would there be
some advantage to use disks SCSI?  or can we wait for the same performance considering disks
sata 7200 rpm against disks scsi of 7200 rpm?

Could anybody explain to myself this doubts?

Regards

Acacio Furtado Costa
Pesquisa e Tecnologia

GIA - Magnesita S/A