tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Does Tomcat run better on Linux or Windows?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:19:38 GMT
> From: Rob Hills [mailto:rob@netpaver.com.au]
> Subject: RE: Does Tomcat run better on Linux or Windows?
>
> I've not yet been able to find a way of changing environment
> variables in Windows and have the OS pick up the changes and
> pass them to a service (no matter how often you stop and start
> the service) without rebooting.

As far as I know, when run as a service, Tomcat itself does not actually
use any environment variables (although your app or config files might).
You normally change the service settings either by editing the registry
or running the service manager (tomcat5w.exe).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.