tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Where can I find specs for ALL the xml tags that can be used in server.xml.
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:11:32 GMT
> From: Alan Chandler [mailto:alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk]
> Subject: Re: Where can I find specs for ALL the xml tags that
> can be used in server.xml.
>
> Unfortunately, it still doesn't specify what the
> auth="Container" attribute means.

This is pretty clear to me:

"Specify whether the web Application code signs on to the corresponding
resource manager programatically, or whether the Container will sign on
to the resource manager on behalf of the application."

It's a two-state flag indicating whether the application or Tomcat (the
Container) is responsible for establishing a connection to the resource.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.