tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Longson, Robert" <robert_long...@standardandpoors.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.7+JRockit = windows service won't start
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:18:49 GMT
You need to build prunsrv.exe, then rename it to replace tomcat5.exe.

Robert
-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Baynes [mailto:bbaynes@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 August 2005 18:05
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.7+JRockit = windows service won't start

I'm a little fuzzy on the interaction between the components so I might be
missing something here...

I downloaded the latest nightly build of commons-daemon. This included the
java components of daemon (commons-daemon.jar) but not the native component
(procrun).

I replaced my existing Tomcat commons-daemon.jar but this didn't seem to
have any effect. Since I am using Tomcat5.exe (procrun) to install the
service would I also need an updated build of this?

Brad