tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Seva Popov" <seva_po...@tvworks.com>
Subject Exception when using TLD files in JAR files included with web application
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:56:31 GMT
Hi,

I am evaluating the migration to Tomcat from Resin and encounted the
following problem.

The following exception is raised when I am trying to use tag libraries
packaged as JAR files in the web application with both Tomcat 5.5.9 or
5.5.11 (I have the JAR file with the tld in META-INF/tlds directory):

My JSP page:
<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
          xmlns:ui="http://www.metatv.com/common/ui/tags-test"
          version="2.0">
  <test:dosomething/>
</jsp:root>

Exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /test.jsp(7,25) Could not add one or
more tag libraries.

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHand
ler.java:39)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java
:405)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java
:86)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspDocumentParser.parse(JspDocumentParser.jav
a:211)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.jav
a:196)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:
100)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:146)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.ja
va:556)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:293)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

I've configured Tomcat for multiple instances and besides the above
problem the rest looks okay.

I did not have this problem with Resin.
So, is this a bug in Tomcat or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Seva