tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kolev, Nik" <NKo...@trueposition.com>
Subject turning all logging off (Tomcat 4.1.18)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:29:03 GMT
Hi,

I am switching from Tomcat 3.2.X to Tomcat 4.1.18 (yeah, I know these are old, but that's
what a 3rd party software vendor requires for their servlet). I do not need any of the Tomcat/servlets'
logs and in Tomcat 3.2.X have modified the conf/server.xml Logger tags to contain the attribute
path="/dev/null". Tomcat 4.1.18, though, does not seem to honor this anymore. It honors the
directory attribute instead and I can get the 3.2.X behaviour by making directory="/dev/null".
Is this the right way to do it?

Also I had to modify the conf/catalina.sh script's start argument path to not append to catalina.out
but to /dev/null. Besides turning all logging off, am I doing something wrong without realising
it?

Thanks,
Nik