tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client Deployer 5.5.11 NullPointerException
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:40:01 GMT
On 8/25/05, Allistair Crossley <Allistair.Crossley@qas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've decided to try out the Deployer tool for the first time to see if it makes like
a little easier for deployments to our test servers.

> I've used the 5.5.11 Alpha Deployer as I noted some threads indicating a problem with
5.5.9's version.

> I've come across the following when running it pretty much out of box. I setup a deployer.properties
file. Am I missing some kind of classpath or could this be caused by a file in my web application?

No Java compiler available. With the deployer package, you're supposed
to be using Ant+javac (given that Ant wants JAVA_HOME and likes a
JDK). If not, add the JDT JAR that is in common/lib.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat