tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Goking" <Mark.Gok...@asia.bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Passing parameter upon login using j_security_check
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:32:53 GMT

Hi wade, yeah I read in some post that only j_username and j_password
gets passed in the form. Nothing else..

Even auto-login is not possible by passing the username and password as
http parameters.. I had to at least go to the login page, and then
executing the same url with the username/password will make the
autologin work. But, on the opening of the browser and executing that
url, wont work.

By the way, have you made this work using your own filter? If you don't
mind, a sample? thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Chandler [mailto:hwadechandler-apache@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 9:20 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Passing parameter upon login using j_security_check

--- Mark Goking <Mark.Goking@asia.bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to pass a parameter upon login using
> j_security_check and
> passing that parameter to index.jsp?
>
> thanks

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

I don't think anything gets forwarded when the post is
handed off.  I tried printing all variables once and
nothing.  I was asking about this before.  You can
create your own filter and do the same thing however.
Should be straight forward.  Then you can even
customize your security mechanism.  Just set a session
variable and if it is not set then you know to bounce
back to the security, otherwise allow the http call to
go through.

Wade