tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kennard <pet...@mrl.nyu.edu>
Subject admin install question suggestion
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:57:43 GMT

This may come under the category of first time user usability testing.

- I installed Tomcat on my box and it runs fine.
- The admin webapp is in a separate download so one
    can safely install it (proper)

BUT :)

 From my naive user (and valuable in usability testing) POV I don't know
the "proper" way to install and set up the admin webapp from the download
".zip" file.  (Probably brain dead simple.)

It would be extremely new user fiendly to include a "howto-install.txt" (or
similar stick out at you file name) in the root level of the "admin-webapp"
zip and tar.gz files. Or have it somwhere in the DOCs included with the
base level tomcat install.  I am not qualified to write it at present.

I looked about and googled "apache tomcat admin webapp install", looked at
the "faq" and didn't find any specific relevant item.  I still want to know :)

Thanks
PK