tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marc-Andre Blain" <marc-andre.bl...@standardlife.ca>
Subject RE: Really struggling with DataSource'd Realm
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:16:47 GMT
Hello Alan,

	try removing the / in your jndi name

	java:comp/env/jdbc/family_tree.

Thanks !

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Chandler [mailto:alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:57 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Really struggling with DataSource'd Realm

I am try to to use FORM based authorisation to control access to part of my
database application.  Consequently I have added the users and user_role
tables to my database which is already been set up as
java:/comp/env/jdbc/family_tree.

I then created a Realm which refers to it.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm" debug="99"
   dataSourceName="java:/comp/env/jdbc/family_tree"
   userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
   userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name"/>

As per the docs

When I try and login I get a naming exception

2005-08-29 15:51:54 DataSourceRealm[/famtree]: Exception performing
authentication
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java: is not bound in this Context

I have experimented with several strings for dataSourceName in the Realm tag
above such as dropping the java: at the front, or removing the leading slash,
or leaving out the frontf the string and just adding jdbc/family_tree, and
even renaming the resource to just family_tree.

In every case it seems to stop passing the name at the first delimeter (':' or
'/') and failing.

Is there something wrong with the DataSourceRealm in this version of tomcat
(4.1.3) or am I doing something else wrong?

Can somebody guide me through this please.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk