tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: newbie with a short question
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:32:14 GMT
Hi,

I did this the other day with a bat file.

First I cause an open/save prompt with

response.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=somebat.bat");

Then I use the response.getOutputStream() and stream the bat file down it. This requires of
course that you get an inputstream to your bat file first. Copy it into your webapp somewhere
and use the servlet context getRealPath("/bat/mybat.bat") and then i/o API to read it into
an input stream before sending outbound again.

I found that setting content type of application/msdos-x-batch failed, as did others, just
send it without a content type as a open/save.

You'd do this in a servlet.

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055