tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone used Tomcat 5.5.9 connecting to MS SQL Server using JNDI and Connection Pooling?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:41:23 GMT
Hey Ian,

Great that you got that working in the end. Did you find out what caused the issues? I'm not
convinced you need to use the ConnectionPoolDataSource, since that's what DBCP is doing for
you (I think - please someone correct me if I am wrong). You could try using javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource
in your res-type and in the JNDI configuration, but I am not sure if DBCP will allow you to
do that. Have a go. I just use the DataSource implementation and we've had great success and
performance with it.

Cheers, Allistair.