tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Out of memory
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:08:45 GMT
Hi,

You can modify the memory settings for the windows service also in the service.bat file itself.
I've been known to uninstall the service, modify the bat file and then service install again.
I don't like using the binary version so that should work for you.

Secondly, OOMEs should be addressed by profiling (discussed lots on this list) not by throwing
more memory at Tomcat (unless of course you have a valid need for all that RAM).

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474