tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject Blog: JK1.2 load balancing as solution to 100% uptime
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:04:01 GMT
Hi Chaps,

If anyone is interested, I blogged last night on my experience setting up 2 tomcats on 1 server
and then load balancing them with JK 1.2, and tested that bringing 1 down, and then back up
did not lose any requests.

This for my web application is an ideal way to avoid downtime during class patching or full
builds, although for those needing session replication, the blog does not cover that.

Take it or leave it :), I've also added this to the Tomcat links wiki.

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474