tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject load balancing 2 tomcats on 1 machine question
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:03:04 GMT
Hi,

I thought I had this sussed but it seems I haven't :( 2 tomcats, 1 machine, JK to balance
with stick sessions. The following configuration works in that JK routes requests to both
the tomcats and so on.

The issue is that if I look in the access logs for each tomcat I can see that 1 session gets
spread across both tomcats rather than staying on one.

This question is ever so slightly related to a post earlier today by a poster who was seeing
JK actually stay with the same tomcat, but still create a new session. My issue is that the
requests do not stay with the same tomcat.

Is anyone able to suggest why this is?

Regards, Allistair.

workers.tomcat_home="d:\jakarta-tomcat"
workers.java_home="c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0"
ps=\

worker.list=loadbalancer

worker.tomcat1.port=8009
worker.tomcat1.host=localhost
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat1.lbfactor=1
worker.tomcat1.cachesize=1

worker.tomcat2.port=8109
worker.tomcat2.host=localhost
worker.tomcat2.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat2.lbfactor=1
worker.tomcat2.cachesize=1

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=true
worker.loadbalancer.method=R
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat1,tomcat2

worker.inprocess.type=jni
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tomcat.jar
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=start
worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)classic$(ps)jvm.dll
worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stdout
worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)logs$(ps)inprocess.stderr

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
</FONT>