tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Cannot compile jsp pages with log4j statements -- Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:16:16 GMT
Hi,

It doesn't really matter if you did the app or not, it's irrelevant to this conversation and
you asked a question.

Anyway, yes an awful lot has changed between 4.1 and 5.5 including the Jasper compiler, see
the change logs.

However, I have tested your declaration on 5.5.9 and do not get this error therefore I think
we can rule out the Jasper compiler.

<%!
  static private org.apache.log4j.Logger logger =
    org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(_5_jsp.class);
%>

Have you definately cross-checked the class filename in the tomcat_home/work/Catalina/localhost/_/org/apache/jsp
location?

Allistair.