tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hayes, Wes" <Ha...@CPCUIIA.org>
Subject RE: SSL with Tomcat 55
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:55:33 GMT
Brian,

My programmer states that she doesn't know who she is running it as.  I
guess I should have mentioned we are running this app on a Windows 2000
environment for both the server and the Java app.  Does that make any
sense?

-Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Cook [mailto:bcook@printtime.com]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 10:38 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SSL with Tomcat 55

hmmm wild guess here but are the cert file and the web app owned by the
same user and group that executes the Tomcat thread(s)?  i.e. If Tomcat
is run by user say tomcat, and the other persons web app is owned by
another user, and the cert is owned by say root I could see it causing a
problem.

It is a mistake I have made a lot and then waste a lot of time only to
find I uploaded a file that Tomcat did not have the right permissions to
use.

Hayes, Wes wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am the Network Admin working with a programmer trying to get TomCat
> 5.5 working with SSL.  She is trying to run a servlet via Oracle
> JDeveloper 10.1.2.  Now, on my end, I have followed the instruction
> for TomCat on how to get SSL installed and it seemed to work fine.
> Got the test cert from Verisign and installed it and I can access it
> via Internet Explorer on https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443
> <https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443> with no problem.  But when she tried to run
her app she tells me this:

> When I attempt to run my test stub which opens a connection to the
> servlet,  I get the following error.  I do not see this error if I run

> it through my browser.
>
> "javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate
found"

> Any thoughts on this?
>

> Wesley Hayes
> Network Administrator
> AICPCU
> 720 Providence Road
> Malvern, PA 19355
> 610-644-2100 ext. 7216
> 610-651-7643 (Fax)
> hayes@cpcuiia.org

> This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential, privileged,
and intended solely for the named addressee(s). The unauthorized use,
disclosure, or alteration of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the e-mail.

--
Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst