tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <>
Subject ssl connections hanging
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:38:22 GMT
in my continuing quest to migrate my server app from 5.0.28 to 5.5.9, i
now face a problem with ssl: secure connections hang for variable
amounts of time, and then the server drops them.

curl reports "Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to localhost:8443".

my connectors are defined as such:

     <Connector port="8080" enableLookups="false"/>
     <Connector port="8443" enableLookups="false" secure="true"
                scheme="https" clientAuth="want"

i generated a brand new keystore containing a self-signed cert with this
command, specifying osafcosmo for both the keystore password and key

     keytool -genkey -alias osafcosmo -keyalg RSA

i tried turning on debug logging for org.apache.catalina, but there was
no additional log output.

any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: