tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@maz.org>
Subject Re: "No Host matches server name localhost" error
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:17:04 GMT
Parsons Technical Services wrote:
> Per the 5.5 doc you can't do it that way. You can only specify the path
> as a blank string when the context element is in the server.xml.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html
>
> Look at the path attribute.

aha! man, if only somebody had written a 5.0 -> 5.5 migration guide :)

thanks for the pointer. after moving my context definition into
server.xml, requests are serviced successfully (well, not under ssl, but
that's another message).

i wonder what the motivation was for making it such that i can't
configure the root context in its own file? seems a bit shortsighted,
but maybe there was a good reason?

thanks for the suggestions all.