tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mert Eren ÜSTÜNKAYA <mustunk...@cepdunyasi.com.tr>
Subject Re: how to update tomcat?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:04:09 GMT
I think same as Crossley.

to add to his sayings..

i suggest you to keep the tomcat 4.0 in the system and install 5.x.x in
other port than 4.0 configuration like 8080.
when everything is done you can close 4.0 and run with fresh 5.x.x

Good luck

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Not sure if there's a migration guide, but roughly
>
>1. Download Tomcat 5.0.x or 5.5.x
>2. Read the configuration guide for those parts you've configured in 4.1 to see how to
do it in 5.0.x/5.5.x
>3. Move your webapp WAR to the new webapps, make configuration changes
>4. Test.
>
>Your webapp *should* run alright itself, but it's normally the Tomcat configuration parts
that stop smooth migration, so ensure you understand how you're configured in 4.1, e.g datasource,
realms, hosts etc.. and make sure you do it the correct way in 5.0/5.5