tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Taylor <64rwtaylo...@bellsouth.net>
Subject ehacache prevents web app reload
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:33:41 GMT
Greetings, I'm using Tomcat 5.9 and Spring1.2.3, and Hibernate3.
I have to stop and start Tomcat each time I need to reload my web app,
otherwise, ehcache is holding onto a resource which prevents the old web
app from being deleted so it can be replaced by the reloaded one.

I searched the Hibernate forum and found some discussions which indicate
a memory leak. Gavin finally chimmed in with

"Guys, there is a method called SessionFactory.close() that you MUST
call to release resources."

I'm using HibernateInterceptor so I assume this should be handled under
the covers.

Any ideas?

/robert