tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: IIS & TC 5.5.9 - welcome files (index.html) not found
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:31:11 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>> it seems that IIS does not recognize index.html as an index page. In
>> other words, I get an IIS 404 when trying to hit something like:
>> 'http://server.com/some/folder/'. The uriworkermap.properties has
>> *.html set to be served from tomcat. Has anybody seen this?
>

> It's probably because http://server.com/some/folder/ doesn't match
> *.html pattern. Maybe you should try something like /context/* ?

Hi again,

I wonder if there might be a feature enhancement here... Perhaps in the
uriworkermap.properties there could be an entry like:

welcome-file-list=ajp13w

or

!welcome-file-list=ajp13w

which would tell IIS to either pass /wh/ate/ver/* to tomcat in the first
instance or handle it itself in the second.

Worthwhile?

best,
-Rob