tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <>
Subject IIS & TC 5.5.9 - welcome files (index.html) not found
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:43:59 GMT

I am using IIS and tomcat together for the first time and have one
little problem... Even though I have a
/web-app/welcome-file-list/welcome-file='index.html' in my web.xml and
the IIS server has index.html set as a default index page in the IIS
manager, it seems that IIS does not recognize index.html as an index
page. In other words, I get an IIS 404 when trying to hit something
like: ''. The has
*.html set to be served from tomcat. Has anybody seen this?

When I run tomcat standalone everything works as expected, but we need
IIS for some other pages/services that our client is running. I have
tried changing the index.html to index.htm, default.html, default.htm
(all of which are set in IIS to be index pages) with no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks for any help,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: