tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject IIS & TC 5.5.9 - welcome files (index.html) not found
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:43:59 GMT
Hi,

I am using IIS and tomcat together for the first time and have one
little problem... Even though I have a
/web-app/welcome-file-list/welcome-file='index.html' in my web.xml and
the IIS server has index.html set as a default index page in the IIS
manager, it seems that IIS does not recognize index.html as an index
page. In other words, I get an IIS 404 when trying to hit something
like: 'http://server.com/some/folder/'. The uriworkermap.properties has
*.html set to be served from tomcat. Has anybody seen this?

When I run tomcat standalone everything works as expected, but we need
IIS for some other pages/services that our client is running. I have
tried changing the index.html to index.htm, default.html, default.htm
(all of which are set in IIS to be index pages) with no luck.

Any ideas?

thanks for any help,
-Rob