tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <>
Subject Re: Use port 443 as non-ssl
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:35:13 GMT
Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On 8/22/05, <> wrote:
>>Hi, I need to use the tomcat with a non - ssl connector on port 443.
>>Up to now, no success. Is there a way to use the 443 in a non-ssl? Im not
>>using the ssl (it is between <!-- -->).

> I don't think browsers will let you do that,

I think they should and will let you request e.g.

> it would be a bit of a
> security risk to say the least...

I can't see how: if you make an HTTPS request to a port
which serves only HTTP, then it won't be accepted

> What is your requirement for this anyway?

(at a guess, something about getting through a firewall?)

Paul Singleton

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: