tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject Re: Unable to access application if I am on VPN
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:28:04 GMT

Are you saying you are taking the PC that runs Tomcat home with you and
it does not work at home?  Or are you trying to connect to Tomcat
running at the office from anther PC at home?  If it is the second one
then you need to use the actual IP or domain instead of just localhost.

What other services is Tomcat connecting to? (i.e. Data Bases, LDAP, Web
Services, App Servers, etc.) If you are taking the PC running Tomcat
home with you.  Can you verify that you can connect to them over the
VPN?  i.e. Log in or connect to them manually with out Tomcat over the
VPN to make sure you have access.

The error seems to indicate that Tomcat is missing some class files or
libraries.  Could they have been on a shared folder that you do not have
access to over the VPN?

Sunjay Gunda wrote:
> Hello All,
>     I am new to Tomcat. I am using the following for my application
>
> Tomcat :  5.0.28
> Java     :  1.4.2_08
> Struts   :  1.1
> Windows XP.
>

> I am able to access my application that is hosted on my local box. http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp
>
> I connect through VPN for my office work. At that time, I am unable to access the same
application (that I am able to access if I am not connected through VPN). Can anyone suggest
what might the problem be? I am getting the following errors when I try to access the application

> If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.jsp
>
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

> exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:825)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:758)	org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:101)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

> root cause
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:712)	org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:500)
org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(loginForm_jsp.java:132)	org.apache.jsp.loginForm_jsp._jspService(loginForm_jsp.java:91)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
logs.

> ---------------------------------
> Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
>

> If I login as http://localhost:8080/XYZ/loginForm.do, I get the following message
> HTTP Status 404 - Servlet action is not available
> ---------------------------------
>
> type Status report
>
> message Servlet action is not available
>
> description The requested resource (Servlet action is not available) is not available.

> Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
>

> I am able to access the admin and the manager of the tomcat even after connecting through
VPN. But I am unable to connect to my application. Can anyone help me?

--
Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst