tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject Re: Session Tracking
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:04:34 GMT

Of corse it doesn't.  If you close the browser you are killing the
session.  So when the browser reopens it is getting a new session
object.  This is exactly how it is supposed to work.  You might be be
able to store the value in a cookie, but if the user blocks them or has
set their browser to delete cookies at the end of the session as most do
then that will not work either.