tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle ...@attitia.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk Apache Permission Problem
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:45:05 GMT
I dunno if it's the same in Apache 1.3, but in Apache 2.x the example
httpd.conf file has a pair of small <IfModule> tags showing how to run
Apache under non-root user for diff. OS's.

Basically you have to start Apache as root and it will then switch over,
or so the example file says. To do this irrespecitve of the modules
being present or otherwise, I just deleted the <IfModule> Tags.