tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Cooper <alan.coo...@lumison.net>
Subject Tomcat5 / war file deployment: symlink problem
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:40:04 GMT
I have a tomcat5 installation running on a RHEL ES3 box which I am
having some issues with.

I have a symlink back to an images directory which is outside the
context. This works fine and I can read the images etc.

The problem occurs when I redeploy the context through the manager
webapp: when the context is removed. the removal script seems to follow
the symlinks, thus deleting my images directory.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no

Virus scanned by Lumison.